Looking to buy a new home? Chances are you fall into several categories.
- Professionals preferring a home needing little or no work
- Creatives wanting to invest sweat equity and money over time
Both groups look for a lot of the same features. While some of the trends are the same as previous generations, others are very different, with good reasons.
- Updated Kitchen and Bath
- Remodeling kitchens and baths is one of the more expensive things to do when moving into a new home. After investing in a new home, buyers generally want the luxury of focusing on furnishings and smaller projects.
- Large Kitchen
- Open-floor plan kitchens, along with the family room, have become the hangout rooms. There isn’t much appeal to the formal dining room anymore.
- Open Floor Plan
- This is how the new generation of homeowners entertain; preferring people to flow through the home during gatherings, rather than sectioned off by separate rooms.
- Home Office
- With the work from home trend continuing to grow; this is more of a “must have” than an option. Even office professionals, because of our new technology focused society, prefer a technology room to concentrate in, whether on a Skype call, planning a presentation, or paying bills.
- High gas prices and traffic! Being in proximity to public transportation and walking distance to the gym or work can be an important factor.
- Low Maintenance
- Wood floors as opposed to carpet, and weekends to yourselves instead of cleaning gutters and cutting the grass!
- Wireless service vs. cable and phone hookups. Harness wireless connectivity and whole-house audio for that seamless entertainment experience!
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy-efficient windows, energy efficient appliances, and correct insulation levels that protect the environment and keep utility bills at a minimum still remain an important consideration.
Article researched and copy written by Laughing Fox Designs, providing results driven website development and social media actions to start-ups, small businesses and mid-size companies. ©2017 All Rights Reserved