Using Social Media in Business
A poll conducted by Emarketer.com found that:
- 73% of Business Owners say that finding time to write quality material for social media is one of their top challenges.
There is good news for them though as Brad Semp, social media professor at Kennesaw State University of Georgia says:
- Only 10-20% of your social media content should be your own promotional material.
- 90% of your social media should be other people’s content.
Brad goes on to point out that you need to remember that when considering hiring a company to post for you, even the best of companies will have a difficult time replicating your voice and will not have the ability to engage with your audience as you do, answering questions and responding to content appropriately.
A Few Tips for Posting Social Media
- Be sure to use at least one of your own keywords in each post.
- People search for terms by hashtags. Make it easy for your audience to find your material by using them, i.e.: #Jazz or #Waffles.
- When mentioning other people in Social Media, use the @ before their name, i.e.: @BradSemp. This tags their Social Profiles and connects your audience to them as well. And good news! When people see you are crediting their work, they are much more likely to return the favor!
Article researched and copy written by Laughing Fox Designs, which exists to provide web design and social media support to small businesses that need creative solutions. ©2017 All Rights Reserved