The Most Powerful Force in the Universe? Confirmation Bias
Many people would rather sit naked in an ice storm – starving to death – than change their minds regarding any matter of substance.
(Lifted from the Financial Times – Aug 6 2016 – Best of Lex)
- There are over 3.5 billion women in the world. I married just one.
- I didn’t go looking at how to make me fit every woman out there – I looked for the one that was the best fit for me.
- Businesses all too often try to be everything to everybody because they are afraid to miss a sale – they should actually look for those customers that fit best – it’s going to be a much smaller pool – but a much more productive and satisfying experience.
- Few workers can fund a 30 yr. retirement with a 40 year career. (John Shoven – Stanford University Prof of Economics)
- Maximize earnings, invest wisely, protect assets from catastrophic events.
- A good hockey player plays where the puck is – a great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. (Wayne Gretsky)
- If you ain’t falling – you ain’t skiing. (Allen James)
- Perfection is 5 out of 7.
- Leave the campsite in better condition than you found it. (Wayne McCarver)
- Things will always go like a rodeo – up and down. (Dave Godfrey)